9- 15 of September 2019
Peek at Greek in cooperation with the traditional guest house “Eleonas” organizes a one-week unique cultural and educational program.
We learn Greek while traveling.
We “get to know” the autumn in Greece.
We discover the culture of North Evia, the local traditions and the beauties of the island.
We explore the language that is hidden between the recipes, the songs and the everyday life of the people there.
We communicate with the locals, hike, swim in crystal clear waters, come in contact with the nature, talk about the organic farming, the pruning and the myths around the olive tree.
We “get to know” the manufacture of handmade paper, learn the first steps of weaving and collect leaves and fruits for land-art constructions.
We’re leaving on the 9th of September, will you miss it?
For more information contact us!
Registrations are open until 9 of August!
Our program includes:
– 20h introductory Greek language and culture class
– 1 guided tour in the farm talking about the organic farming, the pruning and the legends around the olive
– 1 visit to the Olive Oil Cooperative: processing, storage of green olives and olive oil (if it has begun to work)
– 1 small workshop about the first steps in weaving (in 2 installments) on a small paper loom first and then on a bigger one, speaking about the history of weaving and the myths around it
– 1 small workshop on handmade paper
– 1 small workshop on collecting of leaves, fruits, etc. for a construction -land Art
– 1 cooking class (with olive oil and olives)
* At the same time: everyone of you can have access to all the other activities offered by the guesthouse that will host us.
Accommodation of 6 nights in the beautiful guesthouse “Eleonas”.
Eleonas specialises in providing high quality accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere in an organic farm. Within easy walking distance of the sea and a short ride from local amenities this is the ideal getaway from the hustle and bustle of life today. Eleonas warmly embraces you and is ready to welcome you all year round in Rovies, Evia Island Greece.
A family owned guest house that was built with respect for the environment and high specifications, achieving very good critics from the guests.
For more information:
Registrations are open until 9th of August!
* The price includes the Greek courses, the accommodation (6 nights) and the cultural/ outdoor activities.
** The price does not include the transportation, the meals and the transportation within the island.
*** The program may be changed or modified due to the weather conditions or unforeseen last minute difficulties.
**** Each educational unit is appropriately adapted to the outdoor cultural activities and includes useful vocabulary and grammar skills, listening, writing, speaking and reading exercises, word games and role playing games.